Join the Team
Have you ever tried to answer the question of why you are in business? Or maybe why you applied for the job you have? Have you ever given yourself an answer that resonates to your core? It is incredibly difficult to get to the root of why we do anything. People can go through their entire lives and never know why they chose their career path or why they started their own company. In many ways, it is easier to hide from why. There are endless reasons to take a job or start a company: necessity, creative passion, adventure, etc. Regardless of the reason, answering the why behind our actions is one of the most important questions we can answer. If we know our why, we will figure out our how. It doesn’t mean we will succeed, but it does mean we will have a deeper motivation than our competition.
Answering the why question for Ambactus has been equally as difficult. We have transformed our company a number of times since we started over five years ago. It has taken us just as long to refine our why. It is the driving force of everything we build and do.
Live adventurously as redeemed people.
It may come as a surprise that our why has almost nothing to do with the food industry, even though that is the industry we find ourselves in. We believe that the why is only impactful if it is bigger than the how. Our how is our mission and it represents our marching orders for how we serve clients in the food industry, but our why is much bigger. Our why is what gives us perspective to keep climbing. The mission is just the way we achieve our why.
What does it mean to live adventurously as redeemed people? There are not enough words to capture the depth of meaning behind our why, but to us it means two main things. For one, we live life as the adventure it is and find great joy in choosing the more difficult path. We love the thrill of a good challenge. We also believe there is inherent beauty in choosing the road less traveled and in climbing the mountains few others are willing to try. For us, we enjoy creating a company from nothing and bootstrapping it into existence, an exceptionally difficult task. It comes at a heavy price and has proven to confront us with countless unknown fears and challenges, not unlike anyone else in entrepreneurship. There is no doubt we are more refined because of the challenge. Second, we recognize our own brokenness and need for redemption and strive to treat people like adults and give them second chances. Everyone is broken in his or her own way. We just choose to be open about ours and strive to welcome people who embrace a similar vulnerability, and who are wiling to give people second chances with us.
We are thrilled to use Ambactus Group and our family of brands as our vehicle to chase our why. If our why resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
National Account Executive
Our National Account Executives help us form relationships with retailers and distributors. Ideally, these executives have experience in the food and beverage industry and already have existing relationships with retail buyers in grocery and/or convenience. They will also have a mindset of professional courtesy and gentle persistence. Retail buyers are extremely busy and our goal is to professionally represent our brands at the appropriate time in an appropriate way.
We support our sales team by providing them with professional pitch decks, RangeMe profiles, and brand training as well as by completing all of the necessary paperwork, including new item forms, category reviews, and promotional materials. Our entire system is designed to let sales people do what they do best: sell. We are dedicated to providing our brands with professional representation and we do this by having an entire team of people that helps drive the success of our National Account Executives.
Our Operations Associate position will help us optimize our workflow and will support our entire team by completing administrative tasks and scheduling as well as with filling out paperwork like new item forms, category reviews, and promotional materials. This position will also work directly with us in support of our clients, including executing the onboarding process and maintaining our brands’ RangeMe profiles. The Operations Associate will support our National Account Executives by curating our category review process and making sure submissions are completed at an appropriate time. Those applying for this role should be process-driven and enjoy details.
Whether you are looking for a part-time college experience or just trying to break into this industry, our internship is a great starting point. We are as selective for our internship as we are with our National Account Executives. We only hire people who are a fit for our culture and who add value to our team and to our brands. Our interns help us with a number of different projects, including brand engagement, sales development, client relations, and marketing. Our goal is to allow our interns flexibility to experience different parts of our business and find an area that fits their strengths and passions.
1. After reading about our vision as a company, why do you think you are a good fit? What does “live adventurously as redeemed people” mean to you?
2. Our mission as a company is to “place unique, high-potential brands in regional and national retailers by giving our brands professional sales representation and helping them navigate the complexity of the food and beverage industries”. How would you help us accomplish this mission?
3. Our core values are purpose, integrity, freedom, adventure, and helping others and society. What do each of our core values mean to you? Which one resonates with you the most?
4. Why are you a good fit for our culture? Why are you a good fit for our remote work environment?
5. Which one of our open positions most interests you? Why are you a good fit for this position and what value would you add to our brands by working in that role? If you are applying for a National Account Executive role, please specify where you have existing relationships with retailers or distributors.
6. What skillsets would you bring to our team and why would they be valuable for our brands? What skillsets would you still need to develop in order to work with us?
7. What questions do you have about our company or about our team?
8. Please provide contact information for at least two professional references and one personal reference.
9. Please do not send a resume.
Interested in our brands?
We're ready to bring them
to your store